Refocusing

As I was typing up my last post, I started to get excited. When I started talking about Jesus and how he has never lost a fight. I been talking a lot about my life and my past hurts, but I want to refocus on all the good that has happened, and all that Jesus has done for me. I want to focus on all the good that I have experienced.

  I have a roof over my head now when at recent times I didn't. I have food to eat and clean clothes when at times I didn't have either I am thankful I can walk and talk when that hasn't always been the case. I am looking at all the positives in my life yes it may not be what I want or how I like things, but I am so much better off than before. I am no longer in an abusive relationship. For the most part I have no drama in my life. Yes, its lonely for now but God is making way for new people that will love me the way I should be loved. So, I am refocusing my life to see only the good and to place my trust and hope on GOD. All He has done for me and will do for me. I am no longer a victim of any of my past I am a victor in Christ.  I will no longer look back but keep my eyes on Jesus that is where all my help comes from. I am letting all that go and have place it all in God's hands. 

In reality I can't change the past, but I can focus on my future and will no longer take that baggage with me. I don't want living in the past stop me from living in the present. I don't want hate to ever effect my heart and life. I don't have to like all that has happened to me by others, but I will not allow it to affect me anymore. I am cutting off its power form my life and moving on with the ones in my life. 

I think we all know the story of lot's wife How by her looking back after God told them not to, she became salt. Right where she was standing, I think there is a lesson in that story that at times we all forget. What I take from this is Don't live in the past stop trying to go back from a time and place that God has removed you from.  So, with that being said I am refocusing my life in the now. Because to live in the future is just foolish because I don't know what it holds. But I do know who holds all my days and that is good enough for me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to this thing called life.

Why I blog.

I Still Have Hope.